Monday, February 10, 2014

My Thoughts And Feelings


My thoughts and feelings
Are the tangled knots in your hair that you can't brush out,
You pull and pull, but your brush gets stuck and it turns to muck.
My thoughts and feelings
Are the pimples you can't squeeze,
You keep trying, but in the end it'll just leave a mark with no spark.
My thoughts and feelings
Are the little pieces of wet tissue crumbling,
You try to pick it up, but the small white bits just never end and it's just a problem you can't amend.
My thoughts and feelings
Are the dust and dirt specks that never leave my computer,
You try to clean it, but they keep coming back, and go into the crack.
My thoughts and feelings
Are rain on a sunny day,
It's a beautiful day, but the clouds are grey.
My thoughts and feelings
Are the broken pieces of cement on the pavement,
Worn out from being walked on, it's once beautiful sheen now gone.
My thoughts and feelings
Are the bruises on a rotting orange,
Brown and black, like it's been under attack.
My thoughts and feelings
Are paper cuts from a blunt piece of paper,
It's soft and crumpled, but sharp like a knife not crippled.
My thoughts and feelings
Are static from a radio,
You can barely hear anything, but you're still listening.
My thoughts and feelings
Are things I cannot and will not say.