Thursday, August 23, 2012

Summer 2012: Day 28-32- Maldives

Finally updating about my trip to the beautiful Maldives. This place defines the word 'beautiful'. The water is so incredibly clear and blue, when I come back home and see the water here, it's almost as if it's a big sea of poop. Just being a little bit literal here.

We arrived at night on the first day so we just settled in but we had an over-water bungalow and it was amazing. We had a huge terrace in the back which lead down to the sea and it was just so fascinating. There were lots of fishes and there were two baby sharks that kept swimming around the bungalows. They were so cute! It was really hot every day though, I'm not going to lie.

On the second day I went parasailing! First time for me, zero regrets. It was such an exciting experience and it truly felt as though I was on top of the world. I was scared at first, on the boat when we were getting ready, because I am quite scared of heights and the thought of being so high with the possibility of perhaps flying away or dropping into the sea from such a height was really scary. But when I got up there, it was so relaxing and being in such a beautiful place, looking at it from high, I really thanked God for his awesome creation! The sunsets and sunrises were really pretty too.

This might not be in order but we went snorkeling twice and you really can't have your expectations too high if you're going snorkeling. When I go snorkeling I always expect some exotic looking fishes with vibrant colours like they show on TV and I'm always disappointed. The water is really salty by the way. Even though the water looks clear, almost as though it could be fresh water, it's pretty darn salty!

Foooooood was also amazing. We went for a seafood buffet where they barbecued the seafood and honestly, barbecued seafood is one of my favourite things to eat... Ever.

And to really share with you my experience, photos!

Sunrise


Baby shark!

Parasailingggg

Sunset

Seafood, mmm